Interesting job related to software development or programming language design.
|Rice University, Houston, TX
- Ph.D in Computer Science, in progress.
- B.A. in Computer Science/Economics graduated May 2001, GPA: 3.89/4.0
- Related Course work:
Design and Analysis of Algorithms,
Computer Systems Security,
Applied Algorithms and Data Structures,
Intro to Database Systems,
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering,
Digital Logic Design, Operating Systems,
Mathematics of Computer Science,
Intro to Computer Organization
- Programming Languages: Java, Generic Java, C/C++, Python, Scheme, MetaOCaml, Prolog
- Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Sys-admin: Debian GNU/Linux, Windows 95/98/2000/NT
|Computer Science Department, Rice University, Houston TX|
- Research into static type inference for Java.
- Extended concepts from scheme soft typing to a functional subset of Java.
- Studied extensions and modifications of Hindley-Milner type inference.
- Developer for DrJava lightweight IDE.
- Helped maintain and extend functionality of DrJava.
- Undergraduate lab assistant for Intermediate Programming(Spring 2000)
- Used Java to teach object-oriented programming concepts, data structures
and algorithms, graded assignments, assisted students in course work.
- Undergraduate lab assistant for Introduction to Computer Organization(Fall 1999,2000)
- Employed C to model multicycle, pipeline, and caching processors, used Sparc assembly, assisted students in course work.
|Connexions, ECE Department, Rice University, Houston, TX
- Utilized XML-based technology for module-based online education.
- Designed graph based roadmap, Course Composer, and research on user annotations.
|John's Mustang, Houston, TX (1999 - present)|
- Developed custom ecommerce software.
- Designed web-based inventory management and invoicing.
- Setup local network infrastructure, web and database servers.
|ACTIVITES & HONORS|
- Sid Richardson Residental College Computer Associate (fall 2000)
- President's Honor Roll 1998,1999,2000, 2001